The Old Consulate Inn is devoted to adults seeking an enchanting, warm, and relaxing escape from the tumult of the world.
The proprietors reserve the right to deny access or service for any reason. The Inn is our home. We ask that our guests reciprocate our hospitality by not compromising the comfort and safety of our other guests and ourselves, and that of our community.
Additional Inn Policies:
- To maintain this relaxing atmosphere and preserve the antiques, the Old Consulate Inn welcomes well-behaved children over 14.
- Cancellations within 7 days will be charged to your credit card if we cannot re-rent your room. A $25 processing fee is charged for any refund.
- A deposit of 50% will be charged to your credit card at the time of your reservation, with the balance payable at check-out. You will receive a confirmation email and a separate deposit receipt.
- Pets: The Old Consulate Inn cannot currently accommodate pets of any kind.
- Firearms are not permitted in the Old Consulate Inn.
- A two-night minimum stay may be required during certain periods of the year and many festival weekends.
- Check-in: 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. Please let us know if you you would like to check in at another time. Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- Breakfast seating: 9:00 a.m. (earlier by special arrangement).
- Smoking is prohibited within the Inn and on the verandas, although permitted in the gazebo. Smoking within the Inn will incur a $250.00 fee. To ensure that the Inn enjoys another century of hosting guests, incense and candles are prohibited in the bedrooms.
- Access to the Inn and its grounds is exclusively for guests during their stay, except by prior arrangements with the innkeepers. The Inn is a private residence. The ownsers reserve the right to deny admission at their sole discretion.
- The Inn sits opposite the Jefferson County Courthouse, built in 1892. This landmark features a clock, which chimes on the hour day and night. Many guests never notice the chime, but earplugs are available upon request.
- This 135 year-old home is not ADA accessible. Please inquire if you have concerns about accessability.