The Old Consulate Inn is devoted to adults seeking an enchanting, warm, and relaxing escape from the tumult of the world.
- To maintain this relaxing atmosphere and preserve the antiques, the Old Consulate Inn welcomes well-behaved children over 14.
- Cancellations within 7 days will be charged to your credit card if we cannot re-rent your room. A $25 processing fee is charged for any refund.
- A deposit of 50% will be charged to your credit card with the balance payable at check-out. You will receive a confirmation email and a separate deposit receipt.
- Dogs: Guests staying in the Rose Suite may bring their well-behaved dog for an additional $25 per night. Be sure to review our dog policy for additional information. We cannot accommodate cats or other pets at this time.
- A two-night minimum stay may be required during certain periods of the year and many festival weekends.
- Check-in: 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. Please let us know if you cannot check in during this time. Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- Breakfast seating: 9:00 a.m. (earlier by special arrangement).
- Smoking is prohibited within the Inn and on the verandas, although permitted in the gazebo. Smoking within the inn will incur a $250.00 fee. To ensure that the inn enjoys another century of hosting guests, incense and candles are prohibited in the bedrooms.
- Access to the inn and its grounds is exclusively for guests during their stay, except by prior arrangements with the innkeepers.
- The Inn sits opposite the Jefferson County Courthouse, built in 1892. This landmark features a clock, which chimes on the hour day and night. Many guests never notice the chime, but earplugs are available upon request.
- This 125 year-old home is not ADA accessible. Please inquire if you have concerns about access.